International Higher Education Consultancy
Higher Education Quality Enhancement Services
Audit and Review | Analysis and Evaluation | Developmental Workshops | Quality Enhancement
Specialists in quality enhancement
With detailed knowledge of higher education, quality enhancement and quality assurance HEQES offers an individual service designed around your specific requirements.
Current & Recent Projects
Studijų Kokybės Vertinimo Centras (SKVC): Institutional Review of Vilnius Academy of Arts, Lithuania, 2021-22
The Director was Secretary to the panel for SKVC’s external quality review of the Vilnius Academy of the Arts. The report will be published in 2022.
Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
- Consultancy on the implementation of Quality Enhancement method for the review of UK transnational higher education, 2021.
- Development and production of internal quality assurance principles, policies and procedures for a UK-wide organisation, 2022
Design of the new approach for the review of UK Transnational Education
QAA has appointed HEQES to lead this development for UK higher education. It provides stability in the approach from 2021 to 2026.
The new enhancement-led method:
- delivers breadth and depth of coverage focusing on three countries each year, combining major host countries with developing and emerging markets
- focuses on the quality of the student learning experience
- enhances practice through shared learning
- extends insights into local operating environments to strengthen mutual trust and understanding
- supports the UK Government’s International Education Strategy
Review of the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) by the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA)
HKCAAVQ requested a review by ENQA. This enabled the Council to understand its match with approaches in Europe and the European Standards and Guidance for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area. The Director of HEQES was a member of the review panel together with colleagues from across Europe with the report published in 2021.
Re-alignment review of the Commission for Academic Accreditation, United Arab Emirates against the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE) against its Guidelines of Good Practice
The Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA), United Arab Emirates requested a re-alignment review of the Commission and its work against INQAAHE’s Guidelines of Good Practice. The report was published in 2021
The Director of HEQES was a member of the review panel together with colleagues from across globe.